Sunday 4 July 2010

my own little Brazilian Baobab


                                                                Does anyone know the name of this tree? I don´t think it is the baobob, but I sure do like it for reminding me. Incredible texture in the lower bulbing trunk. Amazing spikes as it reaches out to its higher branches, from where falls a wonderful cotton like flower, covering the ground in its own winter cotton snow.

These trees are to be found with such presence all around asa norte. Some of them are much bigger and older. Taller and more bulbous. The fields of cotton snow they  scatter the ground with make me think of all the sofas and teddies that could be filled. Its bark like a photo projection of a silhouetted forest or  river delta.
 Its bulbous trunk, oh its bulbous trunk!

No comments: