Thursday 11 March 2010

Guardians of Atelier Das Arvores




In these photos here we have Polo, a very friendly golden labrador. With boundless energy and ever vigilant, I don´t feel alone with Polo around.
Over the last half year I have been made feel very welcome at "A Atelier Das Arvores" of Iaris Cortes.
It is a near magical place that enchants you as enter the cool shade of this enormous tree house like ceramic studio. And as the sign says: "At GrandMa´s everything is possible".




This is the bee hive kiln. It is wood fired and, so I am told, takes three days to get up to 750. I am looking forward to the next opportunity to man the fires. Just imagine how big you can build your ceramic with this kiln cooking them! I easily fit standing up inside.




These photos don´t do justice to how magical this two storey tree house construction feels.
I hope it gives you and idea until I capture some better images.
As well as all our creations in ceramic and glass, done in the miraculous conditions of an open door Raku oven (!), there are the amazing spiders webs, orchids, bees nests and many many local trees.
The trees all with their wonderful fruit and flowers and plethora of inhabitants!
To try list of many varieties of ants, mantis, butterflies, midges etcERA...would just be silly ;-P
I hope you can imagine how they all help in increasing my wonder of nature when it comes to the creative process.

I am so grateful to Iaris and her Atelier. And really wish for its continued growth and success.

(as a side note my over-ten-year-old Cyber-shot finally gave up the ghost this week, sob! So let´s hope I can borrow images from other peoples´cameras.)

No comments: